Nine larvae/setting tanks to clean! Michael and I had an evening flight out east for his cousin’s wedding, so today was a pretty rushed day trying to get everything done and still make the 4:05p ferry.
- NF_Tank2_160 (224) -> 31,200 total: 500 for DNA, 11,000 to cultch set B, 19,700 dumped out
- NF_Tank2_160 (100) -> swimmers only added back
- NF_Tank1_new (100) -> swimmers only added back
- NF_Tank1_new (160) -> NF_Tank2_160
- HC_Tank2_160 (224) -> 17,281 total: 500 for DNA, 11,000 added to cultch set B, 5,781 added back to HC_Tank2_160
- HC_Tank2_160 (100) -> swimmers only
- HC_Tank1_new (100) -> swimmers only
- HC_Tank1_new (160) -> HC_Tank2_160
- SS_Tank2_160 (224) -> 11,537 total, 537 to DNA, 11,000 to cultch set B
- SS_Tank2_160 (100) -> swimmers only
- SS_Tank1_new (100) -> swimmers only
- SS_Tank1_new (160) -> SS_Tank2_160
Cultch Setting System
Set up a 2nd silo replicate for all 3 populations. As SS only had ~11,000 224-sized larvae, I added 11,000 larvae to each of the silos. 5,781 extra HC larvae were added back to HC_Tank2_160. With NF, there were ~9,000 dead 224-sized larvae- most likely due to my adding the the ones I wasn’t using back in to Tank2_160. If a larva that is ready to set can’t find an appropriate surface, it will eventually die. I dumped out the 19,700 larvae that were not used in the cultch set (see previous post for my regret about this).
Only saw some larvae in HC and SS. I ran out of time to take samples for counting, so just screened out the larvae, cleaned the broodstock buckets, and dumped the larvae back into the buckets.